Wednesday , June 2nd.
Today is my birthday. I slept in as I never work on my birthday , it is a rule of life. The plans included having breakfast with the family, opening presents, going to buy myself new birkenstocks, and having homemade pizza for dinner. That is what I was most excited about.
I didn't expect to hear from the doctor today. However I did. I was in the car with Jason and Lily and felt a vibration. I didn't realize that it was my phone until it went to voicemail. I listened to the voicemail on speaker phone (even though Lily was in the car) and I heard the best news I have ever heard and the most amazing birthday present I could ever receive. Kristin, the image was fatty deposits, there are no findings and no follow up required. I am very pleased with the results. I cried... I credit tears of Joy.
I feel like I can breath for the first time in 4 weeks. My gratitude for all the nurses and doctors that got me here as well as Jason my rock during this time.
I think more so than anything I have come to appreciate my family, my friends, my life, and my health.
I still do not regret only telling a couple people as I can not put into words the thoughts that enter your mind when presented with the possibility of mortality.
Onward to new journeys, onward to loving those around me deeply, and onward to days without worry.
Happy Birthday to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment