Friday, May 28th.
October 2000 is the day I met my husband. Well he wasn't exactly my husband at the time nor did I want anything even remotely husband like or sounding that day. However, it was the day that the planets were aligned. Jason not knowing a single person walked into a party at the house I was living in and made friends with complete strangers. You see, that is the kind of guy he is. Call it fate, call it a cliche, call it what you want, he walked into the unknown and changed my life forever.
Over the past 20 years, we have seen and done so much. Purchased and sold two condo's , purchased our forever home, had one amazing dog named Jersie and another very unique dog named Scout. We have also done the thing I am most proud of in my life and that is parent two of the most amazing kids that I have ever known , (no bias here). One of those children looks like his momma and acts like his dad and the other looks like her dad and acts like her momma. We couldn't of done it better.
I don't think one blog entry could ever even begin to explain the type of person Jason is, but I will make an attempt. He loves deeply. You know when you are so overwhelmed with emotion and you try to take a deep breath but your body staggers , the breath is taken from you involuntarily. That moment , that feeling is how deeply he loves. He is a caregiver, taking care of all needs, basic or not for all that surround him.
He can fix anything, I mean anything. One of the things that I have always admired most about him is that he rolls up his sleeves on any task no matter what it entails and tackles it. He is not afraid to get his hands dirty. Jason is the person that everyone goes to for help on any task.
Jason parents our children with patience, calmness, practicality and unconditional love. He is a full time parent to our amazing children. He is always driving kids to practice, sitting on hard concrete benches during meets, standing in freezing pouring rain on the sidelines and always the last parent to leave. He loves our kids truly and deeply and they love him back. He is the dad that you vision you always had and never thought existed. When the kids were babies Jason was the one who rocked them to bed, cuddling or reading to them at night. As teenagers, he is still the one who tickles and snuggles way past what their bed time should be , he is that dad. I will never forget one cold fall day during COVID , Jason volunteered to send out tweets on game updates. He didn't know how to tweet until that day and he was the only person on the entire bench. All so he could see and be there for Tyson as he played. That is what he does. He is the role model for our children and has created amazing human beings in them.
He loves me . He really does. You know how as a child you pick the pedals off a flower citing, he loves me, he loves me not. My last pedal is always he loves me. He supports me, he cares for me, he holds me when I cry, he laughs at me, his devotion is unfettering. I have truly met my soul mate. I will forever be grateful that he walked into that party so many years ago.
With all that is happening I can't help but think that all our dreams for our future are in jeopardy. During this process the past three weeks Jason has always held optimism. I am so grateful for this ray of hope. It gets me up each day, physically and mentally. I am not sure what I would do at this time if it wasn't for his continued love and support.
When we first kissed, I looked at Jason in the eye and I told him that I don't take this moment for granted. There is an endless amount of days, moments, thoughts and experiences that I have since not taken for granted. If he only knew that it wasn't the day or the moment I didn't take for granted, but it was him and everything about him that I didn't take for granted. I am so very lucky.

No comments:
Post a Comment